I bought myself Alterknits and Victorian Lace Today. This actually contributes well to my hypothesis that Amazon is evil. That super saver shipping? Yeah, it always entices me to buy more things to "save" a little money. I usually get my books from amazon anyway, because my LYS charges so much... Yes, I'm bad, I know. I love both books, though, and for different reasons; I got the lace book to compliment the cone of laceweight cashmere I bought. It's delicious.
Anyhow, I've signed up for Secret Pal 10! Fun stuff...
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I loooove Malabrigo, koigu, noro, sock yarn... Acrylic doesn't actually bother me much, because it has its own uses. I've been dying to get myself some solid-colored fingering weight yarn to make some fair aisle mittens, but I'm lazy like that.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A couple of tupperware things. Thing is, I've been meaning to sew myself a roll-up needle case for ages now, and still haven't gotten around to doing it.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I'd call myself advanced, simply because I can tackle anything and conquer it. I'm not afraid of anything, as I've been knitting for fifteen years now.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do but it's outdated, so I won't bother posting it.
5. What's your favorite scent?
Vanilla, rose... fresh smelling things too. Basically if it doesn't smell like patchouli or bad cologne, I'll like it.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Unfortunately I love chocolate (usually without nuts) of all sorts, sweedish fish, and gummi things. I'm not such a fan of sour candy.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I sew (somewhat) so I'm always loving funky/cute fabrics. I knit but don't crochet much, and don't have much desire to learn more than the basics. I don't really spin; my attempts were frustrating and futile!
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I very much like older music by and large with tastes such as Bauhaus, The Dresden Dolls, David Bowie, Siouxie and the Banshees, Ministry, The Beatles, Love and Rockets, New Order, Joy Division, Franz Ferdinand, Peter Murphy... Mmmm. As far as listening to the music, I have an iPod and definitely get a lot of it from iTunes. The rest is in vinyl form, with my ever-expanding collection of albums
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like black and neons in combination, especially black and hot pink and black with lime green. As standalones I love pink and lime green. Basically, the more obnoxious the color, the better. Blinding orange yarn? Yes please. Painfully bright turquoise sock yarn? Yes ma'am. The only thing I really never tend to use is yellow.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
My boyfriend and I. No pets. My parents have a dog that I miss and visit.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes to the above, except ponchos. Ponchos...? Not so much.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Sweaters are really satisfying, but I make a lot of gloves/hats/scarves as gifts and such.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Felted furry footwarmers from SNBN, a cobweb-weight doily for my mom, and some fair aisle socks.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
My Boye Interchangeables are amazing; I always seem to run out of cords though. I use them for virtually everything. I use DPNs for socks, and occasionally magic loop... but I'm not really liking it much...
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Winder yes, swift no.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
About three years, I'd say. Knitty's Revolution, I started it right when the pattern was released.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween. Candy and dress-ups.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Vinyl records and yarn. Also video games, I'd say, because I have a sizable amount for my Wii, DS, PS2, and my boyfriend's 360.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Hrm... maybe more cords for my Boye set? Not sure if this is a good idea, because I have to finish things to use the cords again!
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Not at the moment... just refine my work with lace, I'd say.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I wear a US 8 1/2, so a 39 in European sizes. :-D
23. When is your birthday?