Friday, February 29, 2008

A blanket!

I'm going to a gift exchange tomorrow. It's like a White Elephant exchange, but everyone brings "something good" and leaves with "something good." I know that a good portion of those in attendance will enjoy knitted things, so here's my contribution:



A blanket! No, I'm not that fast of a knitter, this was actually very quick. Some specs:
Needles: Size 50 (that's 25mm, bitches)
Yarn: 6 balls of Lion Brand Homespun (three red, three black), knitted with four strands held at once
Pattern: Six Hour Throw by Lion Brand, but really, it's just stockinette stitch...

In other news, it's Spring Break. I'm not doing anything exciting, but damn, I'm excited to have some quality knitting time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now THOSE are needles. Hot Damn.

Enjoy spring break! Doesn't look there is much spring around here - but with knitting it isn't such a problem.

meg
http://nepenthe.blog-city.com

Unknown said...

Come visit me tomorrow!!

I'm assuming you're going to George's potluck, no? I am not going but come visit me!!!

razorknitgirl said...

I bought hugeo needles in hopes of making one of those blankets and couldn't get past the giganticness of them. I now have nine skeins of homespun and a set of needles in my stash.....

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your "spring" break. Yeppers, in Michigan we put the word spring in quotation marks since "spring" break usually involves a winter storm warning and half a foot of snow...

I'm jealous of your knitting time!