Thursday, January 17, 2008

Big Damn Hat

I hate making pom-poms. There's a reason I don't ever really do it. I don't have any of those cool plastic pom-pom makers, and it's hard to find cardboard and a nice-sized circle to make templates out of.

That said...




Beer. Is there anything it can't do? The "moon" on the blue moon box was the perfect size for a pom pom! Cut out the centers and voila: nice one-time use pom-pom makers. Why the heck did I need to make a pom-pom?



I had a request for a Firefly hat. (Isn't Steve a smashing model? His curly hair sticking out of the hat cracks me up to no end. There's a reason he doesn't wear hats.) No, I've never seen the show, and I don't really have any intention to run out and watch it. Oh well. I'd hate to fall in love with it and have to make yet another three-color pom-pom. Never again.



In other news, Jason, I have your hat. If you ever want to see it alive again (and your little snow shovel, too!), bring lambrusco to my apartment. You've been warned!

3 comments:

Laiane said...

I love Blue Moon. What an excellent choice for a pom-pom maker -- and you get to drink the beer first!

Anonymous said...

Shiny!

Watch the show. Seriously. I am only a recent convert but it is possibly one of the best TV series ever.

BEESTLYproducts said...

lol@ lambrusco! the $3 party wine of choice :-)