Saturday, January 19, 2008

Crochet FO - first ever!

I sorta vaguely knew how to crochet before. But when I saw a pattern for a magnetic katamari, I knew I needed to learn.



Here it is! Magnetically doing its job. I can't collect enough junk to make a star, but perhaps Joann should carry larger magnets... I think it's destined to hold paper clips on my desk or something.

But having learned to properly crochet from a pattern, I feel like a new world has opened up to me; there are a couple patterns out there I've been wanting to tackle, and now it seems possible!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow! It looks great. I'm so proud of you for learning a new skill! Yay!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's so cool! Congrats on learning to crochet, I mean to learn myself. It just feels so weird to have yarn in my hands and be clueless, you know?

spyderkl said...

Your Katamari looks great! You're off to a great start. I've always liked crochet - even though it uses more yarn, it feels faster to me for some reason.

Alex said...

This is pretty much the coolest thing ever.

Unknown said...

AWESOME!!

i'm doing the same trasition, just the other way.

going from one hook to 2 needles is crazy at times.

awesome katamari, and sorry you couldn't make a star lol. the king must be mad.