Thursday, November 16, 2006

Best secret pal ever!

While I was out shopping for an interview outfit, shoes, and makeup (and therefore singlehandedly holding up the American economy), a package arrived.

Somewhere in Maine, someone loves me. I know, I know, everyone goes on about how they have the best Secret Pal ever. But, seriously, to have a Secret Pal who seems to know me and my favorite types of yarn intimately is just... wow.



A bright pink with bits of subtle purple wool/silk from the Purled Llama. The yarn is called Melena. It has a really nice sheen to it like nobody's business. I'm almost thinking it'd make a good one skein wonder. We'll see. If not, Sexy Scarf #3,000,000. There's not much better than sexy scarves, really.

Also, a skein of Perchance to Knit's Foxtrot! Buaaahhh! If any of you are wondering, this stuff is more gorgeous in person. What sock pattern would do it justice?

And last and totally not least, two skeins of Bernat blacklight. If I don't do a shrug with the Melena, this is totally becoming one. Actually, it should be about right for the Anthropologie Inspired Capelet from Peony Knits. Bulky weight, soft, and washable. As much as natural fibers are nice, I still enjoy being able to wash things with a machine as opposed to by hand. My handwashing piles up and stays in a pile for a while.

Besides, I tested it because of the name. It IS blacklight reactive. Secret Pal, you just rule.

I really need to do homework instead of knit, and if I were to knit, it would have to be on those holiday gifts... I'm finding comfort in knowing that I am graduating from college in exactly a month, and that after that I can knit, sew, and do whatever to my heart's content.

Said job interview is Monday. It's with a large computer company that you all use every day. In fact, they own blogger's servers. I'll give you a hint: It starts with a G, and ends with an "oogle." I really want this job. Hope my interview outfit is as hot as I think it is.

No comments: