Thursday, November 23, 2006

Wheee, a FO!



First set of SNBN Felted Furry Foot Warmers? Check.

Two wash cycles got them down to a women's size 12.



Modeled by the boy, who they actually fit correctly.

Annoyingly enough, the pattern calls for three balls of LP Bulky and two of funfur; well, I have a full skein of LP Bulky left and a good amount of funfur. Hrmph. I know I could make a third slipper; anyone want an extra?

I'm worried, though, as they're fulled to the point of zero stitch definition, and with the second pair I'll be going for a size 9 1/2 - 10... quite a bit smaller. How much can you felt something before it... stops?

1 comment:

. said...

I wondered about the sizing. I'm a size 7 and in my experiences with fulling, there is no way that something which is completely fulled at a size 12 can be fulled more to make a size 7. It's just not possible.