Saturday, July 01, 2006

Magknits

Well, there's a new Magknits up for the month of July.

Things I like:

  • Bakerloo, a set of sideways constructed socks done by Alice Bell. The piano keys are way awesome, but the construction makes my head spin. It's complex, but I think so worth it looking at the finished product.

  • Ballet Camisole, a slinky sexy top with a gathered neck. Has the added bonus of being made out of knitpicks shine sport. That stuff is a dream... Although I wish it came in black and red, then I'd make a striped version. Hotness, no?

  • Summer Nights, though I wish it had more shaping in the shoulders and wasn't done on Collinette. Collinette is always such a mess; I hate the stuff.


Things I don't like:

  • Summer Shawlette, even though I suppose it's not all that bad. It's just kind of... blah, I've seen it before somewhere.


I've been concentrating on other endeavors as of late; what can I say, my birthday was yesterday and I got a sewing machine. I finished sewing a neat skirt that I'll post soon, even though it's not actually knitting. More knitting related, though, is the needle case I just found some fabric for. I went on a fabric stash-enrichment expedition (fabric SEX?) to Joann today; they were having a ridiculous sale. In all, I got 10 yards of fabric for $15. Totally flippin' awesome.

No comments: