Thursday, March 15, 2007

FO: Tubey photoshoot





Okay, so it was cold and I didn't really feel like like standing around outside for very long. There's one other photo that looks pretty terrible.

Anyway, used Knitpicks Andean Silk in cranberry, slate, hyacinth, sangria, and black. Ran out of all of the stripe colors except cranberry and a second ball of slate... Glad I had the presence of mind to buy one more ball of yarn for free shipping.

The stripes are somewhat freestyled because there's one additional color in the original sweater. I started doing my own thing near the bottom. I'd run out of a color and just pick up another. I also moved up the arm stripes; I wanted them to fall around my biceps but they actually ended up a bit lower...

The other major alteration I did was that I did this in two pieces and then sewed them together; I couldn't get picking up stitches to look right, so I just skipped it. It worked out like a charm.

2 comments:

Rose Red said...

Looks great!

KnitXcorE said...

it turned out gr8! i like the colors too!